Lake Lanier Map
Map of windsurfing sites on Lake Lanier. Of course, you can launch from just about anywhere but these places have open water, better winds and easier launching.
- Windsurfing sites are denoted by a "pin" or dot. Hover over it to find its name. Click it to get a link to its page on this wiki.
- Other landmarks are denoted by a capital letter (A, etc.). Click on it to find out more.
- Note that most sites are south of Brown's Bridge (about midway up the lake). The lake is more open allowing stronger and more consistent winds on this part of the lake.
- Onshore sites are typically preferred: launches on the east (right) side of the lake for winds from the west (from the left of the page). This allows you to launch in the wind directly without a windshadow from the shore or trees and, should you encounter any difficulty on the water, make it more likely you end up blown to the county you started from.
Windsurfing Sites on Lake Lanier
- About Lake Lanier
- Keith's Bridge Park
- Lake Lanier Map
- Lake Lanier Sailing Club Members only unless special event
- Little Ridge Park
- Mountain View Park
- Old Federal Park
- Sunrise Cove
- Tidwell Park
- Two Mile Creek Park
- Van Pugh
- Van Pugh South
- Vann's Tavern
- West Bank